RED SOX NOTES (47-58)
Red Sox President and CEO Larry Lucchino is stepping down from that role, the team confirmed Saturday night.
“This will be Larry’s last year in his role as President and CEO,” Red Sox spokesman Kevin Gregg said. “Larry hopes to remain with the club in some capacity going forward.”
Sam Kennedy, 42, currently the executive vice president and chief operating officer of the Red Sox, will replace Lucchino.
THE RED SOX have won 3 straight games after snapping a 3-game losing streak on Thursday night…Improved to 27-27 at home in 2015, including 5-4 on their current homestand and 19-15 since 5/23.
· Improved to 14-15-5 in series this season, as well as 8-7-3 at Fenway Park…Are 33-13 when scoring 1st and 40-1 when leading after 8.0 innings this season…Held the lead throughout the entire game.
· In their last 7 games, have combined to hit .332 (84-for-253, 25 XBH) with 51 runs scored, the club’s most in any 7-game stretch since 9/4-11/13 (66 runs)…Have won 7 of their last 10 games vs. the AL East.
TRAVIS SHAW (4-for-4, 5 R, 2B, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB) became the 1st Red Sox since at least 1914 to record 4 H, 5 R, and 11 TB in a single game…His 5 runs were a season high for BOS, the most by a Red Sox since Dustin Pedroia on 8/12/08 vs. TEX (also 5)…Was the most runs scored by a BOS rookie since Walt Dropo on 6/8/50 vs. STL (also 5).
· Recorded his 1st career multi-HR game, the 8th such performance by a Red Sox this season (last: David Ortiz on 7/26 vs. DET)…The last ML player to hit his 1st career HR in a multi-HR game was CWS’ Jose Abreu on 4/8/14…BOS’ last player to do so was Ryan Lavarnway on 9/27/11 at BAL.
· Has 3+ hits in each of his 2 games with a hit (also 7/7 vs. MIA)…Is batting .583 (7-for-12) at Fenway in 2015.
XANDER BOGAERTS (4-for-5, 2B, 3 RBI, SB) tied Carl Yastrzemski for the most 4+ hit games (6) by a Red Sox before turning 23 years old (since 1914), trailing only Ted Williams (8 games)…Began the day tied with LAD’s Howie Kendrick and DET’s Ian Kinsler for the ML lead in 4+ hit games this season.
· Also became just the 8th Red Sox in the last 100 years to drive in at least 100 runs before turning 23 years old…The only other BOS infielders to accomplish the feat were Bobby Doerr and Jim Tabor…Has tallied hits in 7 of his 9 games on the homestand, batting .425 (17-for-40).
· Improved to an AL-leading .391 AVG (34-for-87) with RISP, going 2-for-2 with 3 RBI in those situations…Since 6/7, is batting .458 (22-for-48) with RISP.
RUSNEY CASTILLO (3-for-4, R, 2B, 3 RBI, SH) collected a career-high 3 hits (3rd time, last: 6/12 vs. TOR), marking his 5th multi-hit game of the season…Also had a career-high-tying 3 RBI (also 9/25/14 vs. TB)…Is 8-for-20 (.400) with 5 R, 2 2B, HR, 4 RBI in his last 6 games, all at home.