RED SOX NOTES (81-62)
THE RED SOX snapped a 4-game winning streak, falling to 8-5 in their last 13 games…Had also won their last 4 vs. TB.
· Scored 1 run on 5 hits, marking their 21st game this year with 1 or 0 runs…Are 2-21 this year when recording 5 or fewer hits.
· Have allowed 4 or fewer runs in 91 of 143 games, trailing only LAD and CLE for the most in the majors.
· Red Sox starters have allowed 2 or fewer ER in each of their last 5 games (2.10 ERA, 7 ER/30.0 IP)…Marks the club’s longest streak of the season (last 9/2-10/16, 8 games).
· Surrendered the lead in the 5th inning, snapping a streak of 15 scoreless innings and 30 consecutive innings without trailing…Took the lead by the 2nd inning in each of the 3 games of this series.
CHRISTIAN VÁZQUEZ (2-for-4, RBI) gave the Red Sox a lead with an RBI single in the 2nd inning and singled again in the 4th.
· Marked his 8th career go-ahead RBI (5th this season), 6 of which have come at Fenway.
· Leads the majors with a .390 AVG (32-for-82) in 25 games since 7/29 (min. 60 AB).
· Is hitting .372 (48-for-129) at home this season, including a .423 clip (22-for-52) in his last 16 games at Fenway.
· Has reached base safely in his last 16 home games with a PA, a career-long streak…Has reached in his last 19 starts at Fenway, the 2nd-longest such streak at Fenway this year and longest by a Sox catcher since Jason Varitek in 2005 (25, 6/28-9/3).
· In 9 career home games vs. TB, has gone 15-for-31 (.484) with 5 runs and 7 RBI.
RICK PORCELLO (5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO) surrendered 2 ER over 5.0 IP, marking his 11th start this season with 2 or fewer ER allowed.
· Has allowed 2 or fewer ER in each of his last 3 starts vs. TB (2.37 ERA, 5 ER/19.0 IP)…Has surrendered 3 or fewer in 15 of his last 16 outings vs. the club.
· Has a 2.61 ERA (17 ER/58.2 IP) in 9 starts during the day this season, allowing 3 or fewer ER in each of those outings.
CRAIG KIMBREL (1.0 IP, 3 SO) struck out the side on 15 pitches…Was his 18th outing with 3+ SO this season, most among ML relievers.
· Has struck out 112 of 221 batters faced this year (50.7%), the 2nd-highest percentage by any pitcher in a single season (min. 10.0 IP).
· Has fanned his last 5 batters faced…In his last 23 outings, has struck out 47 of 90 hitters (52.2%).
ANDREW BENINTENDI (1-for-4) led off the 6th with a single…Finished the series 6-for-14 (.429) with 3 R, 2 2B, and 4 RBI.
· Is 11 for his last 23 (.478) with 5 R, 3 2B, and 4 RBI vs. the Rays…Is a career .320 hitter (24-for-75) vs. TB.
· Leads ML rookies with 138 hits and ranks 2nd with 208 times on base.
JACKIE BRADLEY JR. (1-for-3) singled in his first AB…Has reached base in 13 of his last 14 starts since 8/15.
SAM TRAVIS (1-for-3) singled with 2 outs in the 7th inning…Is 4-for-9 (.444) since being recalled on 9/1.
· In 23 career games, is hitting .308 (16-for-52) with a .390 OBP…Is batting .348 (8-for-23) vs. AL East opponents.
BROCK HOLT (0-for-2, BB, SB) stole his 2nd base of the season (last 7/19 vs. TOR), and the 27th of his career (27-for-34, 79.4%).
· 4 of his last 6 SB have come vs. TB…Is 6-for-6 in stolen base attempts in his career vs. TB, tied for his most vs. any opponent (also TOR).
· Since the start of last season, has reached base in 9 of 10 starts vs. the Rays.
MOOKIE BETTS (0-for-3, BB) has reached base in each of his last 14 home games, and 24 of his last 25 games overall.
· Has walked in 5 straight games, his longest such streak since a career-long-tying 6-game streak from 5/21-27.