RED SOX NOTES (60-49)
THE RED SOX have won 3 straight games, their longest winning streak since 6/29-7/4 (6 games).
· Have won 4 of their last 5 games, averaging 7.8 runs and 13.0 hits…In those 5 contests, have hit .349/.420/.570/.990 as a team (65-for-186, 39 R, 18 2B, 3B, 7 HR, 21 BB).
· Each of the Red Sox’ starting 9 recorded at least 1 hit, and 8 of 9 scored at least 1 run.
· Have recorded 9+ runs in consecutive games for the first time since 5/21-24 (3 straight games).
· Scored 4 runs in the 1st and 3 in the 2nd…Have scored 3+ runs in 5 different innings over 2 games this month after recording just 12 such innings in July.
· Went 5-for-13 (.385) with RISP…In their last 14 games, have hit .373 (44-for-118) with RISP as a team.
· Have won 17 of 18 games this season when stealing multiple bases…Marks the best record in the majors among teams with at least 10 such games.
· The Sox bullpen retired all 11 batters faced, lowering their season ERA to 2.97 (112 ER/339.0 IP)…Marks the 3rd-lowest bullpen ERA in the majors.
· Improved to 33-20 at Fenway Park (.623), the best home winning percentage in the AL.
ANDREW BENINTENDI (3-for-3, 2 R, BB, 2 2B, RBI, HBP) recorded 3 hits, marking his team-leading 12th game with 3+ hits (T-3rd in the AL)…Also drew a walk and was hit by a pitch…Has reached base 5+ times in 3 different games this season, tied for 2nd-most in the AL.
· Tied a career high with 2 doubles (also 4/16 vs. TB)…Was his 6th career game with multiple XBH (last 7/4 at TEX).
· Stole his 10th base in the 2nd inning…In the last 100 years, the only other Red Sox rookies to amass 10+ HR and 10+ SB have been Nomar Garciaparra in 1997, Ellis Burks in 1987, Jim Rice and Fred Lynn in 1975, Reggie Smith in 1967, and Jim Tabor in 1939.
EDUARDO NÚÑEZ (2-for-5, R, RBI) singled in the go-ahead run in the 1st inning…In his 6 games with BOS, has 5 game-tying or go-ahead RBI, and 10 total RBI.
· Leads active hitters with a .371 AVG (39-for-105) and a .416 OBP vs. CWS…Has hit safely in his last 15 starts vs. the club, batting .417 (25-for-60) with 11 RBI.
· Is batting .427 (32-for-75) with RISP this year, including a .489 clip in his last 47 such AB (23 hits) since 5/14.
· Has reached base in 15 of 29 PA since joining Boston on Friday (.481/13-for-27, 4 R, 4 2B, 2 HR, 10 RBI).
· Stole his 3rd base in 3 tries since joining BOS…Ranks 2nd in MLB since the start of last season with 61 SB.
· Has multiple hits in 10 of his last 14 games, batting .466 (27-for-58) with 16 RBI in those contests.
HANLEY RAMIREZ (2-for-4, R, BB, 2B, 2 RBI) drove in 2 runs on 2 hits, including a 2B…Is 5-for-12 (.417) with a 2B, 2 HR, and 6 RBI his career vs. Miguel González.
· Recorded his 25th multi-hit game, including 12 in his last 29 games…Has driven in multiple runs in 10 games this season (last 7/14 vs. NYY).
· The Red Sox are 34-11 (.756) in his last 45 games with an RBI, including 17-1 in 18 games with multiple RBI in that time.
· Has driven in 64 runs at home since last season’s All-Star break, ranking 2nd in the AL in that time.
RAFAEL DEVERS (1-for-4, R, BB, HR, 2 RBI) hit a 2-run HR in the bottom of the 1st, the 3rd of his career.
· Is only the 4th Red Sox player in the last 100 years to homer in 3 of his first 8 career games (last: Mo Vaughn, 1991).
· Extended his hitting streak to 7 games and his on-base streak to all 8 career games.
· In the last 50 years, just 3 other Red Sox hitters have hit safely in 7 of their first 8 games (Israel Alcantara, Shea Hillenbrand, and Will Middlebrooks).
· Through 8 games, is batting .406/.486/.750/1.236 (13-for-32, 7 R, 2 2B, 3 HR, 6 RBI, 5 BB)…Has reached base multiple times in 6 of those games.