RED SOX NOTES (24-29)
THE RED SOX have won a season-high 4 straight home games, their longest home winning streak since a 5-game stretch from 7/9-20/14…Improved to 2-0 on their current 7-game homestand and 12-12 at home this season.
· During the club’s current 4-game home win streak, the Red Sox are batting .336 (44-for-131, 7 2B, 4 HR) and out-hitting the opposition, 44-18…Have posted a 1.75 ERA (7 ER/36.0 IP) in that same span.
· Improved to 300-301 all-time vs. MIN (since 1961), including 2-3 this season…Have won each of their last 5 home games against the Twins.
· Are 16-6 this season when scoring the game’s 1st run.
· Have stolen 8 bases in their last 3 games…Have been successful in their last 9 stolen base attempts.
EDUARDO RODRIGUEZ (7.0 IP, 2 H, ER, 2 BB, 7 SO) has won each of his first 2 major league starts, combining to post a 0.61 ERA (1 ER/14.2 IP) and .102 opponent AVG (5-for-49, 4 BB, 14 SO).
· Is the 1st pitcher in the Live Ball Era (since 1920) to record at least 7.0 IP while allowing 3 hits or fewer and 1 run or fewer in each of his first 2 major league outings…Is also the 1st pitcher in the Live Ball Era to record at least 7 SO and allow 3 hits or fewer in each of his first 2 major league appearances.
· Is 9-4 with a 1.97 ERA (25 ER/114.0 IP) in 18 starts in the Red Sox organization since being acquired from BAL at the 2014 trade deadline…Has made 16 of those 18 starts in Double- and Triple-A, including postseason.
XANDER BOGAERTS (3-for-4, R, 2 RBI, SB) has recorded multiple hits in each of his last 3 games (8-for-11, 2 R, 2B, 3 RBI), tied for the longest such streak of his career (also 5/28-30/14)…Is batting .358 (24-for-67) in his last 21 games overall (since 5/11).
· Has hit safely in 9 straight home games since 5/6, batting .515 in that span (17-for-33, 7 R, 4 2B, HR, 5 RBI)…Has recorded a hit in 10 of his last 12 PA at home.
DUSTIN PEDROIA (4-for-5, 2 R, RBI) recorded a season-high 4 hits…Has recorded at least 3 hits 6 times this season, most on the team.
· Is batting .331 (46-for-139) in his last 35 games overall (since 4/26)…Has hit safely in 29 of those 35 games.
· Owns the 3rd-highest batting AVG against the Twins among active players (.354, 81-for-229), trailing only Mark Teixeira (.367) and Howie Kendrick (.358).
· Scored the 743rd and 744th runs of his career, passing Manny Ramirez (743 R) for 11th-most in Red Sox history…Has also recorded 2,127 total bases, passing Frank Malzone for 15th place on the club’s all-time list.