RED SOX NOTES (19-20)
THE RED SOX have won 6 of their last 9 games…Recorded a season-high 7 XBH (5 2B, 2 HR).
· Improved to 10-3 in series openers, 12-3 when scoring 1st, and 14-0 when leading after 7 innings.
· Have won each of their last 3 games vs. TEX, 6 of their last 8, and 7 of their last 10.
· Snapped a streak of 8 consecutive errorless games (Pedroia, 4th inning)…Marked the 1st error by a Red Sox middle INF since 4/17, snapping a streak of 28 consecutive errorless games by BOS 2B and SS.
· Have not allowed a stolen base in the club’s last 7 games (1 CS).
WADE MILEY (7.0 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, BB, 7 SO) has recorded at least 6.0 IP in each of his last 4 starts, posting a 3.04 ERA (9 ER/26.2 IP) in that span…Matched his season high with 7.0 IP (also 5/2 vs. NYY).
· Prior to surrendering an RBI single to Tommy Field in the 6th inning, had retired 19 consecutive batters faced with RISP dating back to his last start on 5/13 at OAK (0-for-19, 5 SO).
RED SOX PITCHERS have posted a 2.05 ERA (12 ER/52.2 IP) in their last 6 games.
· BOS starters have thrown at least 5.0 innings and allowed 2 ER or fewer in 6 consecutive games…Have not had a longer such streak since 8/19-27/13 (7 G).
MIKE NAPOLI (2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI) has 4 HR in his last 18 games, tied with Hanley Ramirez for 2nd-most by a Red Sox since 4/25 (Pablo Sandoval-5 HR).
DAVID ORTIZ (2-for-4, R, HR, IBB, 2 RBI) has homered in each of his last 2 G…Hit his 1st HR at Fenway since 4/13 vs. WSH…BOS is 5-1 in games in which Ortiz homers.
· Has recorded multiple hits in each of his last 3 games (6-for-12, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 2 BB).
· Has reached base via hit or BB in all 16 home games in 2015, the longest home on-base streak of his career to begin a season…Has reached in 36 of his last 37 home games beginning 7/28/14, posting a .355 AVG/.455 OBP/.605 SLG line at Fenway in that span (44-for-124, 17 R, 10 2B, 7 HR, 24 RBI, HBP, 25 BB).
DUSTIN PEDROIA (2-for-5, R, 2 2B) has reached base via hit or BB in each of his last 23 G (beginning 4/24), the 2nd-longest active streak in the majors (STL’s Matt Holliday extended his on-base streak to 38 games tonight)…No Sox player has had a longer on-base streak since Mike Napoli’s 33-game stretch from 4/4-5/14/14.
KOJI UEHARA (1.0 IP, 2 H, ER, SO, HR) has converted each of his last 7 save opportunities.
· Prior to tonight’s outing, had recorded 8 consecutive scoreless, hitless appearances (7.2 IP)…Opponents were 0-for-23 against him in that span.
· Had retired all 15 batters faced in 5 home games this season before allowing a leadoff HR to Leonys Martin in the 9th inning…Had become the only Red Sox pitcher since 1914 to record perfect outings in each of his first 5 home appearances of the season.