RED SOX NOTES (41-45)
THE RED SOX have won 8 of their last 10 games, including each of their last 4, marking their longest winning streak since a 4-game stretch from 8/10-14/14…Improved to 21-21 at home, including 13-9 since 5/23.
· Have won their last 4 series, their longest streak since taking 8 straight from 8/19-9/15/13…Improved to 12-12-5 in series this season (6-6-3 at home)…Earned their 2nd series sweep of 2015 (also 3 G vs. OAK from 6/5-7).
· Improved to 8-4 against NL opponents this season…Have won 7 straight games vs. MIA (22-10 all-time).
· Scored 5 unearned runs, matching their season high (also 4/20 vs. BAL and 6/24 vs. BAL).
· Are hitting .298 and averaging 6.8 runs per game in their last 6 G since 7/2 (64-for-215, 41 R, 10 2B, 3B, 5 HR).
RICK PORCELLO (6.0 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, BB, 4 SO) snapped a career-long streak of 7 consecutive losing starts, as well as a stretch of 8 straight winless starts…Earned his 1st win since 5/16 at SEA, his 1st at home since 5/5 vs. TB.
· Retired his final 7 batters faced…Recorded 13 groundouts, 4 SO, and 1 flyout.
· In his last 6 home games since 4/29, has posted a 3.72 ERA (16 ER/38.2 IP) and allowed only 1 HR (7 BB, 30 SO).
RYAN HANIGAN (0-for-1, R, 2 BB) has reached base via hit, BB, or HBP in each of his 12 home games this season, and in each of his last 10 games overall since 4/20.
· Red Sox catchers have reached base in 11 of 14 PA in the club’s last 4 games (7-for-10, 4 R, 3 RBI, 4 BB).
DAVID ORTIZ (2-for-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI) recorded his 481st career HR, giving the Sox a 4-0 lead in the 4th inning…Has homered in 4 of his last 10 games…Has 9 HR in only 20 career games vs. the Marlins, including 4 HR in his last 6 games…No player has hit more HR vs. FLA/MIA with an AL club in Marlins franchise history.
· Recorded his 561st career double, passing Jeff Kent and Eddie Murray (560) for 24th place on MLB’s all-time list (23rd: Ivan Rodriguez-572).
· Increased his career RBI total to 1,576, passing Jake Beckley (1,575) for 41st place on MLB’s all-time list (40th: Al Kaline-1,583).
BROCK HOLT (1-for-4, RBI) extended his season-high hitting streak to 8 games, during which he is batting .314 (11-for-35) with 3 R, 2 RBI, and 3 BB.
XANDER BOGAERTS (1-for-4, R, RBI) increased his hitting streak to 7 games, posting a .433 AVG (13-for-30) with 5 R, 3 2B, and 8 RBI in that span.