RED SOX NOTES (26-31)
THE RED SOX improved to 4-2 on their current 7-game homestand and evened their home record at 14-14…Have won 6 of their last 8 home games, and 4 of their last 6 games overall.
· Are now 7-8-3 in series this season, including 4-3-2 at home…Improved to 4-1 vs. OAK in 2015, securing the season series victory…Have won 24 of their last 33 home games vs. OAK, including 5 of their last 6.
· Improved to 18-7 when scoring the game’s 1st run…Have scored in the 1st inning in 3 of their last 5 games…Are out-scoring opponents by a 14-4 margin in the first 4 innings of games during this homestand.
RED SOX BATTERS recorded at least 10 hits for the 3rd consecutive game (.330 AVG, 34-for-103, 7 2B, 3 HR).
· Have recorded at least 10 hits in 7 of their last 9 home games since 5/22, batting .304 (91-for-299) with 16 2B and 8 HR in that span…During that time, Sox pitchers have held opponents to a .199 AVG (59-for-296) at home.
JOE KELLY (6.0 IP, 4 H, ER, 2 BB, 6 SO) snapped a career-long 9-start winless stretch, earning his 1st victory since 4/11 at NYY…Had been the longest drought by a Red Sox starter since Brandon Workman went 0-9 over 11 starts from 6/15-9/18/14…Earned his 1st home win of the season (last: 9/27/14 vs. NYY).
· Has allowed 2 ER or fewer in 4 of his last 5 starts…Has a 1.85 ERA (5 ER/24.1 IP) in 4 starts vs. the AL West in 2015.
RED SOX STARTING PITCHERS are 4-1 with a 1.91 ERA (9 ER/42.1 IP) and .173 opponent AVG (22-for-128) in June, recording a quality start and allowing 6 hits or fewer in each of those 6 outings…Have recorded at least 6.0 IP and allowed 6 or fewer hits in 6 straight starts for the 1st time since 4/25-5/4/14 (9 G).
· Have a 3.23 ERA (55 ER/153.1 IP) and .223 opponent AVG (128-for-574) in their last 24 games overall since 5/13, allowing 2 ER or fewer in 18 of those 24 starts.
· Are 6-1 with a 1.91 ERA (12 ER/56.2 IP) and .170 opponent AVG (34-for-200) in the club’s last 8 home games…Have recorded at least 6.0 IP and allowed 3 ER or fewer in each of those 8 starts, their longest such streak at home since an 11-game span from 5/31-7/1/14.
DAVID ORTIZ (1-for-4, R, 2B, RBI) scored his 1,068th run as a Red Sox, passing Wade Boggs (1,067 R) for 6th-most in club history…Bobby Doerr ranks 5th (1,094 R).
HANLEY RAMIREZ (3-for-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI) hit a 2-run HR in the 1st inning…Has homered in 3 of his last 10 games (9 starts), batting .368 (14-for-38) in that span.
· Has recorded multiple hits in 6 of his last 9 starts, including 4 of his last 6 and 3 of his last 4…Has driven in at least 1 run in 6 of his last 9 starts.
DUSTIN PEDROIA (1-for-3, 2 BB) extended his hitting streak vs. OAK to 13 games, the majors’ longest active streak against the A’s…Has hit .400 vs. OAK in that span, striking out only 5 times in 59 PA (20-for-50, 10 R, 5 2B, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 9 BB)….Has hit safely in 28 of his last 31 games against the A’s since 6/4/11.
· Extended his home hitting streak to 10 games (18-for-40, .450 AVG), tied for the longest by a Red Sox this season (Betts, 10 G from 5/2-23).